About UKOOA Index
Current Web Site Links
Here are some useful web site links to other organisations associated with the UK offshore oil industry.
If you feel that we have omitted a site from this list, which you think should be
included, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you have any comments regarding any of the sites mentioned below, then we will be interested to hear your feedback.
Please click on the the appropriate link below to take you to the featured web site:
Associations, Institutions and Societies
- International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC)
- UKPIA - The UK Petroleum Industry Association
The UK Petroleum Industry Association (UKPIA) represents the best interests of the UK oil refining and marketing industry in non-competitive areas.
- Engineering Construction Industry Training Board
The site includes a database of all ECITB General Grant Training Providers and information about courses and events.
The Sector Skills Council, representing Oil and Gas Extraction, Petroleum Refining and Marketing, Chemicals Manufacturing and Processing Industries.
- Health and Safety Executive Publications
including the HSG and L series, Approved Codes of Practice, as well asthe latest health and safety legislation, case summaries, EU directives and a wide range of other health and safety information.
- PESGB ( Petroleum Exploration Society of Great Britain)
- Offshore Contractors Association
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Norwegian Operators Association
- International Petroleum Marketing Association
- International Maritime Organisation
- International Marine Contractors Association
- International Institute of Risk and Safety Management
- East of England Energy Group (EEEGR)
EEEGR has been formed, with a remit to support and promote every aspect of the region's energy industry, with particular focus on the cluster of predominantly gas-based businesses in Great Yarmouth, Waveney and Bacton.
- International Association of Geophysical Contractors (IAGC)
- OGP - International Association of Oil and Gas Producers
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Institution of Electronics and Electrical Incorporated Engineers
- Energy Institute
- Institution of Electrical Engineers
- Institute of Civil Engineers
- Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Institute of Physics
- Institute of Marine Engineers
- Hydrographic Society
- Geological Society
- Australian Institute of Petroleum
- American Petroleum Institute
- International Coiled Tubing Association
Well Services Contractors Association.
Other Useful Resources
- LIFT - Licence Information for Trading
Lift was created by the UK Government's Oil and Gas Industry Task Force to provide a framework to encourage oil and gas licence trading.
- IINoil Real Times Oil and Gas Industry News
- Health & Safety Executive
- FT Energy
- Environment and Resource Technology
- Engineering Council
- The15 Minutes Initiative
This initiative is jointly sponsored by Scottish Enterprise Grampian, ITF and LOGIC and supported by UKOOA and DTI and aims to facilitate the dissemination of information throughout the supply chain.
- Department of Transport, Marine Safety Agency
- Transco - part of BG plc
Transco is a part of BG plc and is a UK gas transporter, it transports and stores gas for its customers, the 40 or so companies (known as Shippers) through a gas transportation network designed and built on an integrated basis across the UK.
- Marine Information Advisory Service (MIAS)
- Earth Science Education Unit
The Dynamic Earth appears at both Key Stage Three and Four. These topics can be difficult for the non-specialist to truely get to grips with. The Earth Science Education Unit provides targeted INSET for these topics.
- Oil Industry Finance Association (OIFA)
The Oil Industry Finance Association (OIFA) promotes best practice in accounting for upstream oil industry joint ventures.
Industry Technology Facilitator.
- Hulse Rodger - UKOOA Energy Breakfast Organisers
Online booking system for UKOOA Energy Breakfasts
- LOGIC E-Link Newsletter
LOGIC is an industry funded organisation that will work with companies throughout the industry to stimulate collaboration and radically improve competitiveness – improving UK oil and gas sector performance by an estimated £1Bn over the next three years and export performance by 50% over the next five years.
- Industry Mutual Hold Harmless (IMHH)
An online system to provide information concerning an industry mutual hold harmless indemnity regime for contractors operating in the UKCS.
- CDA Limited
Common Data Access Limited (CDA) is a non-profit industry regulated information utility owned by its members. Membership is open to any oil and gas company or service company owning exploration or production data obtained in the United Kingdom Continental Shelf. Currently 21 oil companies and 8 service companies have joined CDA. CDA is fully supported by the UK Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and is endorsed as a CRINE (Cost Reduction in the New Era) initiative.
- Marine Talk
The Internet portal for Marine Professionals - A resource
for the marine management and technical community.
- Bureau Veritas
Industry/Government Forum. Successor to OGITF.
Leading Oil and Gas Industry Competitiveness.
- The Energy Sourcebook (formerly Offshore Oil & Gas Directory)
The Energy Sourcebook is the online database which brings you comprehensive coverage of the Oil and Gas Industry with a focus on the growing renewables market.
Deal is a Pilot initiative. It is an information system with a map based web interface showing the location of wells, fields, seismic surveys, gravity and magnetic surveys, interpretive reports, quadrant/blocks, licences, coastlines, platforms and pipelines over the UKCS.
- Det Norske Veritas DNV
The online knowledge and skills development service for the oil and gas sector created by Cogent
- Step Change in Safety
- International Petroleum Exchange
- British Marine Industries Federation
- Lloyd’s Register of Shipping
- Centre for Marine and Petroleum Technology
- Chamber of Shipping
- Proudman Oceanographic Laboratory
- Pegasus Oil and Gas Directory
- Offshore Decommissioning Communications Project
- Northern Offshore Federation
- Meteorological Office
- First Point Assessment Limited (FPAL)
First Point Assessment Limited (FPAL) is a non-profit making oil & gas industry owned company established in 1996. Our prime objective is to identify opportunities for cost reduction and performance improvement throughout the supply chain. We are primarily concerned with bringing efficiencies in the procurement of goods and services by sharing better information and minimising duplication.
- British Geological Survey
About UKOOA Index