Legal and Copyright Issues and Privacy Statement
UK Offshore Operators Association ('UKOOA') maintains this site ('the Site') primarily in furtherance of its principal objectives:
- To provide leadership to maintain the development of a forward-looking, profitable, thriving and responsible offshore oil and gas industry and to enhance its reputation and develop relationships with government, public and other stakeholders.
- The dissemination and exchange of information, knowledge and ideas relating to the UK Offshore Oil and Gas industry.
- The initiation and conduct of investigation and research relating to the UK Offshore Oil and Gas Industry.
- The promotion of education relating to the UK Offshore Oil and Gas Industry.
Access to and use of the Site are subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Your use of the Site signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to them, please do not use the Site.
- UKOOA uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the materials and information contained on the Site are current and accurate; UKOOA offers the materials and information in good faith and believes that the information is correct at the date when you view it. However neither UKOOA nor its members make any representations or warranties as to the completeness, accuracy or currency of the materials and information. In using the Site you assume the entire risk of relying on the materials and information contained on the Site or on any site linked to of from the Site. The materials and information are supplied to you on the condition that you or any other person receiving them will make their own determination as to their suitability and appropriateness for any proposed purpose prior to their use.
- As a service to user of the Site UKOOA has provided numerous links to other sites, whether by Hypertext or other links. These sites are not under the editorial control of UKOOA and UKOOA takes no responsibility whatsoever for the contents.
- No representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, of merchantable quality, of fitness for a particular purpose or use or of any other nature whatsoever are made with respect to the materials and information contained on the Site or on any site connected to or from it. Where a product or service provided by or through UKOOA is referred to in the materials or information any such representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, are specifically excluded. Where the Site provides you with a facility for subscribing to or purchasing any product or service provided by the Institute of its affiliates additional terms and conditions of contract may apply; you should read the appropriate order or registration form carefully.
- Copyright: All materials and information contained on the Site, except where specifically stated otherwise, together will all other elements created for the Site are the property of UKOOA and are governed by copyright and other applicable intellectual property laws at the time they are made available on the Site. Copies of documents contained on the Site may only be made available for information purposes and solely for the private use of the Site user. Any use or reproduction of such documents for any other purpose whatsoever is expressly forbidden. No Licence or right, other than the right to view on the Site, is granted to any person in respect of any intellectual property rights.
- The corporate name, logos and devices of UKOOA mentioned or depicted on the Site are the property of the UK Offshore Operators Association and may not be used or reproduced without the prior written agreement of UKOOA.
- Privacy Statement: UKOOA recognises and respects the privacy of users of the Site. UKOOA does not collect personal information about users of the Site unless it is provided voluntarily. If you contact UKOOA by e-mail, your personal information including your e-mail address will not be shared with or provided to third parties.
If you purchase or obtain products or services from UKOOA online you will be asked to provide personal information to UKOOA or its affiliates. Such information will be used solely for the purpose of processing the transaction.
UKOOA may collect and maintain statistics about the Web Servers used to contact it. This enables UKOOA to track usage of the Site and of particular sectors within the Site and thereby to improve the content of the Site. These statistics do not include personal information about the individual users.
- Jurisdiction: Your use of the Site and all matters relating to the interpretation and operation of these terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of the Site.
Back to UKOOA Home Page